Wednesday, January 02, 2008
- Subscribers can quickly enable and disable subscriptions to all a publisher's offerings from a single page;
- Publishers have the opportunity to encourage a subscriber to follow multiple newsletters, not just one.
FeedBlitz has now enabled automatically maintained online subscriber preference center portals for all publishers. These portals do three things:
- They use your branding for all subscriber interactions, including logging in and password retrieval;
- They simplify the web pages to just those relevant to subscribers, reducing confusion and complexity;
- Your portal offers subscribers the ability to manage your publications and your publications alone – again, all branded properly.
Instead of having to invest in custom preference center development, newsletter publishers and marketers can now use FeedBlitz's automation instead - saving days or weeks of time, and potentially thousands of dollars in the process. FeedBlitz automatically adds and removes newsletters from your preference center as you add or remove public newsletters, just like it does for the updated HTML subscription form.
Accessing your Preference Center Portal
For privacy protection, subscriber preferences require the user to log in. Using our new portal feature, the login screens are branded using the design for the relevant newsletter. This increases your brand reinforcement and reduces confusion. To see what I mean, check out the following links and screenshots that show how the logout screen varies depending on the portal selected:
If you log in using any of these pages, you will see the following:
- The branded subscriber preference center for that publisher, showing only the public newsletters for that publisher.
- If you're subscribing to any of these newsletters, the screen will reflect your current subscriptions.
- Each preference center gives the user the chance to exit out to the full FeedBlitz site if they want, or to log out.
Subscribing or unsubscribing with a few clicks, the FeedBlitz preference center portal easily maintaining the subscriber's relationship with the publisher's offerings in a single screen.
There are two ways for subscribers to reach your Preference Center:
- By clicking on the "Manage Subscription" link in the emails sent to them.
The login screen picks up the graphic design for the relevant newsletter. After login, the user gets to a branded (and simplified) subscription management screen for that newsletter. They can then manage that subscription, or use the links underneath it to access the publisher's preference center.
- By clicking on the portal links you can provide on your blog or web site:
- www.feedblitz.com/f?Subscriptions&portal=XXXX – where XXXX is the ID of the newsletter whose design you want to apply to the portal; or
- www.feedblitz.com/f?Subscriptions&publisher=YYYY - where YYYY is the subscriber ID of the relevant publisher. This latter version only shows your branding when you have a master template defined.
You can get the links you need for your preference center by going to www.feedblitz.com/f?EditPortal (which also allows you to reorder your preference center - see below).
Managing Your Portal
You can set the order the preference center displays newsletters in by following the "manage portal" links on your Newsletter Center main page, or by using the "edit portal links" option on the "My Account > My Newsletters" menu. Drag, drop and save. If you don't set an order, your newsletters will be listed alphabetically.
Automatically updating preference center portals. Save time, save money, only from FeedBlitz: the Internet's leading email newsletter automation service.