Tuesday, December 04, 2007
- Publishers to offer subscriptions to all their publications from a single signup;
- Users to subscribe in a popup window to keep them on the publisher's site;
- Multi-newsletter forms to offer IM and social media subscription options as well as email.
With this post, FeedBlitz introduces a much-improved version of the Subscription Center for subscribers who are subscribing to more than one publication. Now the Subscription Center main page looks something like this:
Now when a subscriber goes to the subscription center they see all their current subscriptions in one place - and can start and stop them from that one screen, without having to click through to anywhere else.
- Want to stop several subscriptions? Simply un-check them from the list and update.
- Want to bring some back? Click the "All available" button and all your subscriptions - active or unsubscribed - will appear. Check the ones you want to bring back, update, done.
Both processes are much simpler and much more intuitive to use than before (a login is still required, however, to access your subscriptions). Subscribers may still click the drop down box in the Subscription Center to work with a single subscription in more detail, of course, but this change makes the most common tasks - unsubscribing and resubscribing from the web site - much simpler and quicker to access.