Tuesday, March 13, 2007
As of 9:15am this morning we switched over to a backup web server, which will allow all aspects of your service management to take place. The knowledge base will remain unavailable until the main server is brought back online or until a more permanent solution is needed. Meanwhile, we're working on removing a couple of pesky error messages from the alternate in order to get the end user experience as back to normal as quickly as we can.
The main inbound mail server is also on the sickly server; we'll get that running on the backup shortly, but messages to myself or support won't be read until we do. Outbound mail and your scheduled deliveries are still working, however, as these (and the servers they use) run on different machines.
This is a problem with the WWW front end only; mail is still going out on schedule.
Update 12:04 pm edt
- The error messages have been removed from the site.
- Inbound email is now working.
- Any email sent to us between ~6:00 PM edt on March 12th and 2:05 AM March 13th should be considered lost at this stage and resent.
- Mail sent after ~ 2:05 AM edt and ~10:45 AM edt may be OK depending on your mail system's retry policies. If mail to us bounced already, please resend it.
- The errant server is still down but FeedBlitz is now back 100%.
If you had emails that you believe did not get out as a result of our machinery problem please mail support and well force them out.
Update 4:59 pm edt
- A problem with the typepad widget running against the backup server has been fixed.