Sunday, January 31, 2010
In other words, bloggers had to choose between knowing how feeds were being consumed and improving their blog's position in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
That was a crummy choice to have to make.
And FeedBlitz has fixed it.
I'm happy to announce that we have worked with Comment Luv (Twitter: @commentluv) to ensure that bloggers using FeedBlitz's RSS services (the leading and fully-supported alternative to FeedBurner) and CommentLuv together will:
- Have their native links served when CommentLuv adds their links to a comment so all the "google juice" ends up where it belongs; AND
- Track RSS subscribers and other detailed feed usage activity using FeedBlitz's RSS stats / metrics / item tracking service.
How to Start
- Register with FeedBlitz.
- Set up your CommentLuv-friendly feed via RSS / New (start a trial if necessary);
- Tell CommentLuv how to find your FeedBlitz feed, by either:
- Updating your blog's feed autodiscovery settings to use the FeedBlitz version of your feed, OR
- Changing / defining the URL CommentLuv uses to be your FeedBlitzed feed in your CommentLuv account settings.
And one more thing...
It's been great fun working with Andy at Comment Luv; there's more to come in the not too distant future. Stay tuned...
More on FeedBlitz's RSS Feed Services
- Automatic Category Feeds for Everyone
- RSS Metrics: The Good, the Bad and the Invisible
- RSS Google Analytics Integration
- Own Your RSS
- RSS Feed Merging
- FeedBurner Compatibility Mode for Easier Feed Migration
- How to Migrate your FeedBurner Feeds
- Blitz Your RSS